W hen comes to “FASHION” what pops up in your head? Many people I talked to consider it to be expensive marketing, unnecessary hustle, which costs a lot of money. But when you dig deeper, FASHION is related to culture, geography, economy, history and politics. So, I decided to grant it some credit and DISAGREE with
1. FASHION IS SUPERFICIAL.
2. People who dress nice are shallow. I am not saying that fashion is for everyone. You should want it and make an effort to get it. But just out of respect for those who wake up earlier to get to the wardrobe and give it a thought: “What image i am creating today”, it is a complex ability to combine colors, textures, patterns, designs, which comes from within a person with a rich imagination. Dresses are not delivered to your bed first thing you open your eyes by a perfect computer. It proves that a person who dress nice is an artist.
3. Absence of style is OK. Fashion is helpless if you are not interested in your personality. Outfits are just the tools to make a statement about your character, inner world. The combination of images creates a style. That is why let us go from the inner to the outer. Who are you? Do you know the features of your style? Does it correspond to your personality?
4. I am stuck in long legs. We are taught from the childhood to compare to others. Watch FTV free from the thought you must be similar to anyone. You are unique. Learn to love yourself. Comparing to the others will make you unhappy and unconfident. Enjoying your beautiful self is an essential part of fashion.
5. Wardrobe planning is useless. It is easy to get trapped by shopping a new blouse, pants, dresses without a certain goal. It is possible to end up with a pile of disconnected clothes, which is hard to combine. That is why it is important to know your style, even if it is approximate, analyze what you have in the wardrobe and set the goals. Let us say, I want to be this summer Lilly Pulitzer colors and style.
6. Rules. There are no rules from the others to abide in fashion. Only if you want. You decide what is right and what is wrong. It is your creativity, your art, your body, your style, your behavior, your mood. No one knows it better than you!
7. Bits and bites. Fashion is an integral image. It is not just: I got a priceless coat, the shoes can be ugly and accessories on my neck can be from plastic. Gloves, purses, belts, every detail maters. Even if it is not seen by the people who surround you.
8. Fashion is for public only. It DOES matter what you wear at home. You should like it same way you like it going out to meet with friends, colleagues at work etc. Being hidden from the outsiders’ eyes gives you privilege to experiment with the colors and design but it does not free you from the being fun, sexual, self loving in your stylish shorts and pullovers and t-shirts with the beautiful patterns at home.